Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Fall? Is that You?

Well, folks - I think it's really here. We are actually noticing some characteristics of the fall season around here! We are so excited and celebrated the other day by playing in our fall sensory tub (actually, I admit - I made the sensory tub when it was still too miserable to go outside and we were going stir crazy). Anyway, by the time we actually busted it out, I could tell that fall really was just around the corner. My friend Kristen, makes these and has advertised them on her blog before and I decided to try one out. I am a former teacher after all! She gets a lot of her ideas from a blog that I am now following some too - Counting Coconuts.

Here are some pictures of our first sensory tub. I've already learned one big lesson - you can probably figure it out from looking at the pictures:




It was only a matter of time until this happened... But what a good helper I have!
For our next sensory tub, I may choose to eliminate small pieces of straw that are very difficult to clean up.

Here is a video of Will counting some leaves from the tub. He may not be completely accurate, but it's a good start!






Here are a few more pictures of what we've been up to now that the weather is cooling off:
Will and Dad at ACL (Mom was in FW at Aunt Lulu's baby shower)
Playing with bugs
Pudding on the patio
Bananas taste much better when eaten outdoors.


1 comment:

  1. YAY sensory tubs! My boys love them. And we still have trouble keeping all the items in the tub too, Colin especially.

    Hope y'all are doing great!

    ReplyDelete