Well, I finally got around to setting up a blog to help keep our friends and relatives informed about our growing family! William Joseph Dow is due to arrive on or around August 11 and we are definitely in "countdown" mode. I am 35 weeks pregnant today, which means we should have about 5 weeks left! We can't believe how fast this time has gone and that he will be here so soon. We are very excited for him to join us and are busy preparing for his arrival! I would say I'm definitely in the "nesting" mode as well. I have felt a strong urge to have everything extremely organized in our house because I know we will want it to be that way after he's here! My "to do" list includes organizing the kitchen, our bathroom, and of course making final arrangements in his room too (among thousands of other little things)! We are lucky to have family members coming to help us with some of these things over the next few weeks! My goal is to post frequently over these next few weeks, so stay tuned!
Here is what is happening with the little guy this week:
Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.
5 Weeks to Go!


No comments:
Post a Comment