Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 20, 2011

Ten Things About Dad

In honor of Father's Day this year, Will "made" Jim a Shutterfly book titled, Ten Things About Dad (based on my previous post outlining Ten Things About Will). I wish I could somehow copy and paste the book into my blog, but that's just not possible. So, I'll do my best to recreate it here. Will and I are so lucky to have a wonderful husband and father in our lives - the list sums it all up!


Ten Things About Dad

By: Will

My Dad teaches me a lot of important things. I started learning how to ram-jam (a really sweet wrestling move) when I was only a few days old , and now I can make all kinds of signature noises my dad has taught me (like the hawk-eye and nature boy). I am really looking forward to everything that he will teach me as I grow up.



My Dad loves to read and I love it when he reads to me. My favorite book my dad reads to me is called Incredible Animals. My Mom thought it was really funny when he bought it, because it’s really for older kids, but I love it already. We love making the animal noises together too.


My Dad loves to play – he’s like a big kid himself! We always have fun no matter what we are doing – playing with the dogs, splashing around in the water or playing chase. He even lets me “drive” his car sometimes.



My Dad is always positive and is teaching me to be that way too. Even when I’m in the midst of a horrible tantrum, my dad distracts me by “taking me down to china-town” or tickling me while singing the ABC’s. He’s great at distracting me and by doing so, is always telling me, “Hey, Will – don’t sweat the small stuff.

My Dad is a hard worker. He often works late, but does everything he can the next morning to make some time to spend with me before he has to rush out the door again, even if it’s just to change a dirty diaper (Mom appreciates this too).


My Dad loves Maudie’s (and so do I). He takes me there almost every weekend for breakfast and we have a great time. He orders me blueberry pancakes, apple juice, eggs, and black beans – pretty much everything a little boy could ever want, right?



My Dad loves nature and has taught me to appreciate it too. He would take me outside starting when I was just a few days old and lead me on a “nature walk” every night – he would put a piece of rosemary on my chest and let me smell it, try to get me to hold a leaf or smell a flower, or even just let me look up at the clouds. These nature walks are one of the reasons we made it through those first few months and one of the reasons I love nature today.

My Dad is an athlete and a sports fan. He loves Texas and TCU football, especially. I am really looking forward to playing sports with him when I’m older. He was a pitcher in high school, and even though he wanted me to be left-handed (and I’m most likely not), I hope I can be an athlete too someday.


My Dad is a good listener. He likes to have conversations with me even if not much is being said. We like to talk about favorite colors, favorite animal noises and my friends at school. He's always ready to listen.

My Dad sets a great example for me every day. He models so many good qualities for me regardless of what kind of a day he is having- unconditional love, patience, positivity, perseverance. I know I can often be a momma’s boy, but let me tell you something… my dad is my real hero.

I love you, Dad. Thank you so much for being patient with me every day and for teaching me how to be a tough, fun, and caring little boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment