Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

MIA

Yes, I know we have been "missing in action" for a couple of weeks now. I have been really bad about my blogging obligations and I'm so sorry! Will and I left on June 30th for an 11 day adventure and returned yesterday. I'll post a more detailed post in the next few days after I get more pictures (hopefully), but for now I'll give you a brief run down of our happenings. Hopefully this will allow you to forgive me for my lack of posts. :) Before you read any further, I have to give a special "shout out" to Lauren for all of her help. She was essentially Will's other parent until Jim met up with with us in Indy. I wouldn't have survived without all of her help. I honestly don't know what I would have done without her! Thank you, Aunt Lulu!!!

June 30th - Drove to Fort Worth.

July 1st - Flew out of DFW with Lauren to Philadelphia to attend our cousin Emil's wedding that evening. It was such a beautiful wedding and was wonderful to have a reunion with family members!

July 2nd - Drove to Brookville with my parents which took us about 8 hours after dropping off Jeff at the airport. It was a fun road trip, actually (we had a DVD player of course)!

July 2nd - 5th - Stayed in Brookville, PA with my cousin Meghan, her husband, Keith and their 18 month old, Lenny. We spent time with a lot of other cousins, aunts and uncles, and even celebrated my uncle's retirement.

July 6th - Flew to Chicago (2 hour layover) and then on to Indianapolis to get ready for Wedding #2: Amanda and Jeff! By the way, the Chicago O'Hare airport has a really neat Children's Museum space for kids - it was a perfect way to fill our time there!

July 6th - July 7th - Stayed in Carmel, IN and visited with my aunt and family before Amanda's wedding!

July 8th - headed to Indianapolis for all of the wedding festivities: bridesmaids luncheon, rehearsal dinner, "primping" all day Saturday and wedding/reception Saturday night (July 9th). My parents headed to Indianapolis on Saturday as well to celebrate and to help with Will. Jim and Zach arrived today too.

July 10th - headed back to Carmel for our last night of vacation.

July 11th - Flew to DFW and then drove home to Austin that night!

Lauren and I were bridesmaids in Amanda's wedding and Will was a ring bearer and everything went really well. It was a beautiful wedding and everything went perfectly. Again, I'll post more pictures as soon as I get them!

Here is a "sneak peek" of a few of my favorites of Will. He had a great time but I'm pretty sure he thought we were never coming home again. I'd also like to point out that he slept in 5 different places total. We were all so happy to be home. You don't truly appreciate returning home until you've been gone for almost 2 weeks with a toddler!!!

Riding on a 4 wheeler with Grandad. Can you believe this was allowed?

Splashing around at the dam in Brookville, PA


Bubble bath at Aunt Sharyn's
So glad to see Dad again! Headed back from the Indianapolis Zoo the day of Amanda's wedding.
Happy to be home and playing in the dirt at Town Lake!

No comments:

Post a Comment