Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Catching Up

Okay....so I haven't been the best about blogging lately. That's pretty much the understatement of the year! Actually, when I kept looking at my "Goodbye, October" post, I felt a horrible sense of guilt. October? What about November and December? I don't know what has happened to make me neglect blogging, (other than the fact that I am pregnant and tired all of the time), but I'm not giving up! With Will's little brother coming in about 2 weeks, I figured I should do a little catching up and start again! I'm not going to make any promises on how often I will post, but I'm not leaving the blogging world! I've enjoyed it too much to walk away. The disclaimer for this post is that it's not going to be too exciting. Basically, it's a post to post pictures from December, help us jump back into things, and to start over again!

Some things that have been happening since you last heard from me:

1. Will is now sleeping in a big boy bed. I may have to devote a post for this topic alone later. So glad we have that one behind us!
2. Cousin Judson Dean Muckleroy was born right before Thanksgiving. Again, another blog post to catch up on. Look for a sweet picture of this perfect little fellow below!
3. We made a trip to Oklahoma to see Beejie and Grandbub over Thanksgiving, stopping in to see Judson on the way there and back. We had many things to be thankful for this year!
4. Jim and I traveled to Washington D.C. to go to a holiday party at the White House! We went last year as well, but this year was especially fun. Pictures to follow....
5. We had a wonderful Christmas and had Christmas dinner at our house for the first time ever (with lots of help of course). It was so fun getting together with everyone, and was nice to make our first set of Christmas memories in our new home! Ya Ya, Grandad and Uncle Jeff also stayed with us, which was extra special too!
6. I was able to visit Lauren and Zach again to help out and hang out a little with Judson before Baby #2 comes along! Beejie and Grandbub came to see us and helped Jim out while I made one last road trip to FW.

Our pictures will do the rest of the catching up for now. Here is some of what we've been up to...

We traveled to the Elgin Tree Farm in early December to find a Christmas tree!
Elgin Tree Farm Petting Zoo!
Let's go!
On a mission...

Hello, friend.
On the hunt for the perfect tree. Unfortunately, the only trees left were tiny, because of the drought this year. We didn't get to cut down our own tree, and had to pick out a Douglas Fir that had been brought in. It was a little disappointing, but at least we didn't come home empty handed!
Still searching...
Is that a smile, Will?
Picking out the "perfect, pre-cut" tree.
Farmer Will

Fast forward to Christmas Eve... (see disclaimer above)
Helping Mom bake peppermint brownies and chewy gingersnaps. This kid loves to cook!
I love my little helper!
Are all of these for me?
Christmas Eve!
Helping Uncle Jeff.
Will loved his light-up cup from Nanny and Nookie!
Firefighter Will. Thank you, Ya Ya and Grandad!
What are you doing on the furniture, Sam?

Pajamas!

Will's favorite Santa gift by far.
Hanging with Uncle JD. Will did not get to participate in the poker game that followed.
You guys look tired. Late night?
Playing the xylophone with Uncle Jeff
Let's start a band.
Playing with Uncle JD's coin counter. It was a hit!
Will's favorite stocking stuffer. Unfortunately, the batteries wore out after about 5 minutes.
Superhero Will!
Words with Friends battle...
A barrel of monkeys with Grandad. Thank you, Aunt Sharyn!
Fighting over Ya Ya. This is the only picture I captured from our dinner. I guess that's what happens when you host! Oops.
Baby Judson - December 27 (about 4 weeks old). This baby is growing and thriving!
Riding my motorcycle from Beejie and Grandbub! Sadly, this is the only picture I have from their visit. The good news is they will be coming to stay with us in a few weeks for the arrival of Baby #2, so I can surely catch some of them then. :)

Thanks for being patient with me. Check back for better, more complete updates very soon, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment